19 June 2018
DL at the 14th Handelsblatt Annual Conference
Attracting over 60 speakers and over 350 delegates, the 14th Handelsblatt Annual Restructuring Conference was held in Frankfurt am Main from 25 to 27 April 2018 and revolved around the changes facing the industry. The Distressed Ladies chaired a conference session on the subject of debtor-in-possession proceedings in corporate groups with a focus on the conflicting priorities of economic unity and legal diversity.
Seldom before has there been such a need for a transformation and realignment of enterprises in the face of technological change, digitisation and globalisation. At the same time, we are living in economic boom times coupled with historically low interest rates so these conditions are (still) postponing the pressure to restructure and favouring the “insolvency lull”.
The search for the business model of the future not only affects the German economy but the restructuring industry itself is also under scrutiny. The industry leaders set their minds to the challenges of change at the 14th Annual Conference and developed a vision for the restructuring of tomorrow.
Speakers at the DL session:
- Sylwia Maria Bea, Lawyer and Local Partner, White & Case LLP
- Katharina Gerdes, Lawyer and Partner, BRL BOEGE ROHDE LUEBBEHUESEN
- Dr. Ulla Reisch, Lawyer and Partner, Urbanek Lind Schmied Reisch Rechtsanwälte OG
- Monika Dussen, Partner, Struktur Management Partner GmbH
- Beate Doering, Deputy Head of Credit Restructuring, DZ BANK AG
- Lucie Gabor, Managing Director, METZLER Corporate Finance
- Britta Hübner, CEO/CRO, Hübner Management GmbH
- Dr. Gesa Pantaleon gen. Stemberg, Lawyer and Partner, Hoefer Schmidt-Thieme
- Sylvia Fiebig, Lawyer and Partner, White & Case LLP
- Dr. Cristina Weidner, Lawyer and Counsel, Clifford Chance LLP
- Britta Grauke, Lawyer and Partner, Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Jo Hewitt, Partner, Corporate Department, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Thole, Institute for Procedural Law and Insolvency Law, University of Cologne
- Stefan Denkhaus, Lawyer and Partner, BRL BOEGE ROHDE LUEBBEHUESEN
- Dr. Romy Metzger, Lawyer and Partner, SGP Schneider Geiwitz
- Dr. Dorothee Prosteder, Lawyer and Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Cornelia Weber-Arnoldt, Public Administrator, Federal Employment Agency